Sunday, August 08, 2004

Sunday Meditation

“For thus says the Lord:
When seventy years are completed for Babylon,
I will visit you, and I will fulfill to you my promise
and bring you back to this place.
For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord,
plans for welfare and not for evil,
to give you a future and a hope.
Then you will call upon me and come
and pray to me, and I will hear you.
You will seek me and find me;
when you seek me with all your heart,
I will be found by you, says the Lord,
and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations
and all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord,
and I will bring you back to the place
from which I sent you into exile."
(Jeremiah 29:10-14 RSV)

God, in his love toward those who love and seek him, has provided a plan. His promises are sure and His word is faithful. The hope of Israel has become our hope, and we too long for the day when God will re-establish his kingdom in Israel. A kingdom of righteousness and justice ruled by his Son that will eventually cover all the nations of the earth with its authority, bringing TRUE peace. Let us earnestly pray to God and seek him with all our heart. Let our prayer resound: Come quickly Lord Jesus.