Thursday, August 05, 2004

Random Collections of Consciousness

Blog Lameness and Temp Job

Hi all, sorry to have been so neglectful of my blog. It has taken me a little time to adjust to this new routine, since I've started my temp job. I took my little radio to work with me. The silence was just so......... silent, I had to do it. I was paranoid that the radio wouldn't work inside the hospital library what with it being buried in the middle of the building and also they have a computer always running in there, too. But I was pleasantly surprised when I plugged it, in fully expecting a burst of static, and instead it came in crystal clear!! Yay! No more oppressive silences for 5 and a half hours.

Wedding Shower

My mom and I are throwing a shower for my cousin Josh and his fiancee, Amber on Saturday. We planned out these goofy wedding shower games, and started decorating the fellowship hall. I'm really excited by a particular stroke of genius that I had. Mom had asked me to come up with a corsage and boutonniere for J & A to wear, but I was not totally sold, because I hate boutonniere's on anything other than a dress jacket. Same goes for a corsage not on a dress. I loved the idea of decorating them with flowers though, so I was trying to figure out an alternative. I finally hit on getting Amber wrist corsages and I'm going to make both of them orchid leis!!

It would have cost me oodles of money to have the leis made at a flower shop, but I have connections!! Called a grower I know and she set me up, awesome girl! Picked up the orchids on the way home and after a visit to Michael's craft store, I should have what I need to put everything together, either Friday night or Saturday morn.

Birthday Fun!!

Ed and I are going out for a blended party of sorts. We get to celebrate my birthday from the 3rd and Ed's on the 7th as well as my mom's which was in June, but was missed, they were in Europe at the time. We are getting together with just a handful of our close family and friends for the evening, to have dinner and do a little country dancing!!

Thank you all who wished me a happy birthday. I think I even heard some faint singing. When I update next, I have a Reader Appreciation to post that I was saving up!