Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Sorry, no posts!

I hadn't recovered fully until today from a VERY tiring, yet fun, weekend.  Brief rundown of why I was so tired: 
Saturday - up at 6:00am to drive from the Central Coast of California, down to San Diego.  WAYYY to much traffic might I add... Great wedding, started at 4:00pm and we left the reception at 11:10pm,  got to Uncle Freddies house by 11:35pm and we were up until 2:30am trying to catch up with Ed's parents, sister and cousin. 
Sunday - Up at 6:30am to drive up to Reseda and visit the ecclesia there and see my new baby cousin, Levi.  After having only 4 hours sleep both Ed and I napped for 2 hours at my Uncle Rich and Aunt Trish's.  We had a lovely dinner and chat with them and left for the final 2 1/2 hour leg of the drive home at 9:00pm.  As we were driving home we listened to a Voicemail on Ed's Cell and it turns out an old friend of ours that we had not seen in 5 years was in our hometown staying with my Aunt Shirley, but would be leaving at 8:00 Monday morning.  She had called us to see if we were home and wanted to come over to visit.  We called back and arranged to have breakfast with them at 7:00am.  We arrived home at 11:30 and because we had napped we didn't feel sleepy and didn't go to bed until 1:00.  Stupid us, I know!!
Monday - Up at 6:00am to drag ourselves to breakfast!!  It was so great to see Martin again, though.  He was doing well and we got to meet his travelmates who were all very cool. 

So as you can see, exhaustion was about to overwhelm me.  I had intended to post Monday morning after we got back from Shirl's but I must confess,  I fell asleep on the couch at 9:30am and didn't wake up again until 2 in the afternoon!!   I did feel a lot better though, after that.  :)