Friday, June 18, 2004

Weird Science

I have had such a cool experience!! While my husband and I were cooking dinner, Ed cracked open a double-yolked egg!!! Now, this by itself would be cool enough but a week and a half ago, I also cracked opened a double-yolked egg! I didn't blog about it at the time, since without the digital camera I just thought, "what was the point"? However, NOW I do have the camera and providentially I also have a double-yolked egg. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!

So, with out futher ado, please allow me to present..............


My chicken twins!! Awwww, aren't they cute??? Posted by Hello


Here you can see a little better that the yolks are joined at the edge. Posted by Hello


For comparison, here is the second egg we cracked, with the normal size of the yolk evident. Posted by Hello

Now, I don't know about you, but I thought this was a pretty unusual happening, so I googled "double-yolked eggs" to see just how rare. Apparently, they're not, statistically speaking, although you might never see one, your neighbor might see several in their lifetime. I did learn a few interesting facts about double-yolked eggs, namely that I now know more about them (and all eggs) than I ever thought I would. I am shy to admit that I actually did enjoy learning some trivia about them!!!