Saturday, June 05, 2004

Bye, Bye, President Reagan

I was born in the mid 70's, and since social conscienceness doesn't really strike until you're older, Ronald Reagan was the first President that I can recall. I was raised by parents interested and believing in Bible prophecy, and I can remember discussions about Christ's return and trying to see if what was going on in the world was fitting with what we expect to see when that happens. Ever since then I have had an interest in politics with that as the filter of perspective.

I have watched with amazement as Reagan and the Soviets changed the face of European politics. The alignment of the countries that make up EU, the pressure on Israel from the UN, the rise of anti-semitism, all things that point the way to a fulfillment of Ezekiel 38 and Daniel 2:26-45. We can place our current events right at verse 33. The EU is made up of countries partly strong, like iron, and partly weak, like clay. I believe Jesus' return is not far off, and appreciate that President Reagan was one of the reasons that I am as aware of that fact as I am.

Also, this country is a great place to live and practice my faith with little real interference, (by comparison to, say, Iran!) Thank you Ronald Reagan, for being the President that you were, and keeping this country the way that it is. This is a landmark in history, and it is a reality check to know that I lived through it and saw it with my own eyes. What a blessing from God!!