Monday, May 31, 2004

Surprise, Surprise!

Well. On Thursday I received some unexpected news. I no longer had a job!! My company laid off half of its administrative staff and the entire fulltime inside sales team. That was the job I had, FT inside sales. Now before anyone gets too upset on my behalf, let me state that I was not too terribly attached to my job. I enjoyed it but my husband and I were working towards the goal of a single income. This has sped up the timetable somewhat and I will probably have to pick up another job here, real soon, but we've been wanting to focus on Ed's business and I am going to really help him out there if I can.

So, we've been enjoying our extra-long vacation weekend, and plotting our next move. I have to say that being able to sleep as long as I want and do what I want is super nice!!! But I know that can't last forever and I will have to do some real work around here soon.