Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Today's Bible Readings

Deuteronomy 28
Song of Solomon 8
Acts 25 & 26

I read each of these passages, so feel free to comment on any of them, but I was just struck by what Paul's hope actually was. Here is a clear passage that ties the promises made to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and David, to our Hope of Salvation. Also, a important reference by Paul to the resurrection of the dead. Interesting that he points out how hard it is for a skeptic to believe that God can raise the dead.

Acts 26:6-8
"And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God, unto our fathers:
Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.
Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?"

My question for myself is: Do I live my life hoping for the promises to be fulfilled and the dead to be raised and judged with the living at Christ's return? This is the hardest thing about living for God. Knowing what is right and also doing what is right! I want to try harder to "instantly serve God day and night". Mostly it seems to be my nature to serve Him "in a minute, I want to finish what I'm doing first". I'm so thankful to be forgiven when I am weak! I know that God wants to forgive my sins as soon as I ask it of Him. Can anyone else relate?