Sunday, May 09, 2004

Mother's Day!

I intended to wake up this morning with an hour to get everything done before I left for Meeting, but I overslept by 30 minutes, so I had to rush around like a chicken with its head cut off!! I decided to start the Coffee Cake recipe this morning and to take the dough to Mom's house to finish it. Saves time later and the dessert is nice and hot!! Because I was rushing, I got flour everywhere. Course, the dogs loved it. But we got out the door just in time and Terrific Husband loaded up the car for me and let me get dressed without worrying something would be left behind.

The kids at our Sunday School gave all the mothers a small potted mini-rose bush and we had assorted egg, fruit and coffee cake dishes. They were all great and everyone had a nice time honoring our mothers.

So the Apple-Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is waiting to go in the oven for our special Mother's Day lunch at mom's house, and it is sitting there looking scrumptious!! All the food smells fantastic and I am reminded how blessed I am to have this remarkable family for my very own.