Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Youth Conference Update!

Well, I know that you have all been anxiously awaiting this update, and I will not disappoint you! :-) Two vehicles of young people from our ecclesia went down to O'Neill Park, Uncle Jim piloted one, and Ed & I the other. We departed a bit late on Friday, due to work schedules, packing up and (quickly) washing the truck, so we pulled in just a wee bit late!! (12:50) We tried to be as quiet as we could looking for a campsite and erecting our tent. One advantage to setting up after everyone else is asleep is knowing where the snorers are and being able to avoid them!

This was the maiden voyage of our tent and it was really great! I'm glad we bought it when we saw it at Costco. We were set up and turned in for the night by 2:00, so 1 hour to do everything wasn't too bad. We slept pretty well.............. right up until the 13 year-olds started babbling at 6:30 in the morning. Seeing as breakfast wasn't until 7:30 it was a little bit earlier then I had wanted to be roused, especially with so little sleep.

Everything was organized well and the food was good and plentiful. (Props to Pamona Ecclesia for all their hard work) There were tons of squirrels and rabbits running around and the weather was very warm during the day and not to cool at night. I don't generally enjoy camping because it is usually to cold for me, but these were, really, very ideal conditions.

I will post summaries of each class in separate posts soon. I took quite a few notes and need to review them first. There were 4 classes and the Sunday morning Exhortation, so I hope to put out 1 post each so that reading through them won't be a pain. Enjoy!