Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Pesky Trials of my Patience

They have been re-surfacing the parking lot outside of my office, and while it sure looks nice, parking has been a pain. Sections of the lot are closed each day and we all have to park outside of our "normal spot". I am one of those people who tends to arrive, with about 30 seconds to spare, to work. Parking in a different row is the difference between on time or late (oh no!!). Now, this re-surfacing has been going on all week and I made a genuine effort to be at work 2 mins early today to account for having to, literally, run across the lot from the middle to the far side. And my plan was very nearly perfect too, EXCEPT for a very clueless man in a large white pickup who was in my way. He pulled out of the closest spot I could get so naturally I went to pull in after him, but he just sat there, blocking the entrance, not to just one spot, but THREE. I politely waited for a minute, figuring that he was just getting something situated, but he still did not move. Now, I'm getting edgy, knowing that my "early to work" window is quickly closing. So. I lightly honk, figuring he doesn't realize someone is waiting on him. This works, kind of... He pulls back into the space and half of the next space AND is still half sticking out into the lane. Out of desperation, I squeezed my little New Beetle around him and parked in the farther spot, jumped out and sprinted like an Olympic track star, across the parking lot, through the office, and punched in at........... 9:00 exactly.. Phewww, guy nearly ruined it for me, Pesky Trier of Patience. I am definitely looking forward to Monday, when it will all have been completed, and this is just a fading memory. Also, the re-surfacing - stinks - ! A lot. Literally.