Friday, June 04, 2004

Standing Up for Modesty!!

Wow, I can't believe that an eleven year-old girl actually had the guts to stand up against immodesty. Check her out!! Most kids at that age (arguably of any age) are completely unaware that they DON'T have to follow fashion like sheep. Also most really do NOT want to be on the wrong side of the in-crowd. Three cheers for Ella, for being a inspiration to all girls about doing what's right.

Modesty is one of my pet peeves. No where in the Bible does it say that in order to be modest, you must wear a potato sack. However, it does say (roughly) "don't flaunt your flesh". So for me that means that in public no belly showing, no cleavage reveal, no shorts or skirts so short that their only purpose is to emphasize your sex appeal, and no clothes SO tight that you might as well have gone naked and just painted your self. Just tasteful, attractive and feminine clothes for me. Ones that I would be comforable meeting my Lord Jesus in, when he returns.

OH!! Which reminds me of ANOTHER pet peeve! Underwear Reveals!! I refuse to let my bra straps hang out, my underwear to peek out, or (HORRORS!!) NO underwear at all.

I encourage all women to be vigilant about this and really, really..............give guys eyes a break. I don't want to be the source of stumbling to a guy. If they do have a problem when I am dressed modestly, yet attractive and femininely, then shame on him. If I was not dressed modestly, then shame on us both.

I'm not claiming to get the modesty/immodesty distiction right every time, but these are the goals that I am striving for every time I shop. There have been items that I picked up and bought that later, after one wear, I knew I would not be able to wear again. If you have to keep pulling it up, tugging it down, or stretching it out, just get rid of it. That's your conscience telling you it's not what you should be wearing.

.::* Hat Tip to Sarahk for turning me on to this story. *::.