Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Ta Daaaaa!!

Now you can see what I have been doing in my spare time!! I finished my current Crochet project today and I just love how it came out. I was crocheting a crib/lap blanket for an infant. Not for any infant in particular but I do mostly only make baby things. I like to make baby things, really, for two reasons:

(1) They make great gifts for all of my friends who have been getting married and popping out babies, and I really love to give gifts that are personal and unique.

(2) Since I have no children yet, I have no desire to keep everything for myself!!


This is the whole crib/lap blanket all laid out on my kitchen table. Posted by Hello

(If you want to see any of the photos a bit bigger just click on them)


Here you can see a bit of the center pattern, with the flower and block surrounding it, and then the scalloped edge. Posted by Hello

Not sure what I want to make next...........
*Fuss, Fuss, Vacillate, Vacillate*
I have been trying to decide between another crib blanket, or a "layette" set, which is a sweater, bonnet, shoes, and a blanket that all match.

I've never made a sweater so half of me wants to do it since I love new things (keeps me from getting bored), and half of me doesn't because I'm comfortable with what I'm doing when I make blankets. I think I will make the Layette but........No! I'm still not totally decided.......


Here is a close-up of the border. Posted by Hello

It's a little hard to tell in the pictures what color it really is. It sort of looks cream but in reality is soft yellow, not to bright, but definately yellow. Kind of like the fluff on baby chicks.