Thursday, June 17, 2004

Crochet Encore

So, true to my indecisiveness of the other day, I had a false start on my new Crochet project. I had gone with the Layette idea and even crocheted the first 3 rows, but it just wasn't right. I knew the yarn I had was not really the correct thickness but I definitely wanted to make that Layette set, it is sooooooo gorgeous and different. But I can't do it in good conscience with the wrong size yarn as that would mess up all the proportions, and when a kid is supposed to wear it, that kind of becomes important. I went ahead and pulled out all the stitches back down to bare thread and started over making the blanket that was my second choice.

It was the right decision. This blanket is going really well already (coincidently also 3 rows into it)and the pattern is a fun one too. Besides, it's really the Principle of the thing. With my perfectionist nature I just couldn't do the Layette wrong even if it would have looked OK to others, and probably fit a huge kid. I would have known that it wasn't right and that would have made me CRAZY!!! "Do everything, as unto the Lord", right?

Actually though, now I'm looking forward even more to making the Layette, because it is so fun to shop for yarn.........Hmmmm, which color do I like better? I can't decide! I know, get BOTH!!