Friday, June 25, 2004

Garden/Yard Conquest II

I love to work in the garden. I went completely aggressive on the weeds which have made a serious foray into the yard. My husband had the unpleasant duty of doggie poop removal. We both HATE to pick up the poop, but Ed is awesome. He picks it up every time he mows the lawn and he has developed this clever technique to remove it while staying as far away from it as possible. He uses a shovel and a mini rake to quickly lift the poo free from the overgrown grass, and the dispense of it in a trashbag. I really can't compete with his total domination of the job.

Anyway, back to the weeds. I broke out a garden Claw that my folks got us for one of our anniversaries or maybe a birthday or something. I had not yet used it so it was out for its maiden voyage. That thing ROCKS!!! If you ever see it on an infomercial, and you work in the yard, or garden, GET IT!! It really is the best and I slaughtered the dandelions with it. Ha HA! Take that you evil dandelions!!

So tomorrow, we're planning to remove a old satellite dish pole, and transplant my star jasmine, prop up a drunken rose tree, cut back the blooming shrub in front of the house........(trails off, knowing that the list is never ending).

Yay, Gardening/Yard work!!